10 Steps Design Process
If you have never had a website built before, you may be wondering how all of this works? Let me put your mind at ease, and describe for you our web design process:
- Initial Consultation: We listen to your requirements and objectives & get clarification where needed. We can talk over the phone or in person.
- Research and Site Infrastructure: Taking the information we received in the initial consult, we develop a plan for how your website will be built. This includes if your site is going to be self-managed, if you need a shopping cart, if you need a blog, if you need custom work or a purchased software solution. We use our expertise to create the perfect solution for your business!
- Create Proposal: You will receive an itemized listing of your projects costs. Also includes the expected time for completion.
- Project Agreement: This document is used to let both parties know what is expected of them and when. Once the agreement is signed, work will commence. A fifty (50%) percent engagement fee will be charged and project will begin upon receipt of payment.
- Purchase Your Domain Name: We will procure your domain name for you and manage this process for you along the way. If you are not familiar with how domains work, don’t worry. We’ll manage all of that for you.
- Site Design: We will create a new design for your website and submit it to you in image (jpeg) format or on our test server. If the initial concept does not meet client approval to proceed – additional instruction is required from the client and from this 1 additional design will be produced with an allocation of 1-2 rounds of changes.
Once you are 100% happy, we move on to the next step. Client needs to sign-off at this Stage.
- Convert Design to a Website: This is where we convert the design you approved into a working website. You will be sent a temporary URL so you can monitor the creation of your site.
- Gather / Add Page Content: We do not write content for the pages for your website, because you are the expert for your business. We will however, provide you with assistance and marketing advice on how to create your content. Once you have your content (text and images) for your pages, please email it to us and we incorporate it into the site for you.
- Website Tested by Client: This stage involves the Client testing the whole of the website. During the testing process, Perfectly Simple Design will be carrying out extensive testing, but this cannot pick up all bugs and issues in the system. The Client is responsible for testing areas such as rules being applied, e.g Forms taking details of customers, and all other areas of the website. When an error or bug is discovered, the Client is responsible for reporting this via the Perfectly Simple Design support system (http://perfectlysimpledesign.co.uk/support/support-helpdesk.html: Require registration first). Once an error or bug is reported, it will be looked into, fixed if possible and the ticket responded to. Client needs to sign-off before we move to the next step.
- Site Launch: Once you give the site your final stamp of approval, we will launch the website. We require the remaining balance of 50% to be paid before your website goes ‘live’ on the internet. When payment has been received we will issue you with all passwords and usernames associated with your website including login details for your email account/s. The Client is also expected to help with testing the site in a live environment. Client needs to sign-off before the website is made ‘live’ on the World Wide Web.
Please note that any changes to the approved design will fall outside of the original contract and will be charged at the rate of £40 per hour.